While this paneer recipe is untraditional, it’s super flavorful, surprisingly easy, and vegetarian! Indian dishes do not get the recognition they deserve. This recipe is a twist on traditional chili paneer dishes. Keep reading to discover a new tasty recipe!
3 TABLESPOONS FLOUR
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1/2 tablespoon black pepper
A pinch of salt ( i used garlic salt)
2 teaspoons garlic paste (you can also mince a clove or two of garlic, I typically make garlic paste and leave it in my fridge.)
4 tablespoons water
1/4 red bell pepper
2 chili peppers
1/2 cup soy sauce (i used double black)
1/2 cup sriracha
1/4 cup sugar
parsley (this is optional, but I think its a cute garnish!)
- First, cube your paneer
- Next, mix your flour, seasonings (1 teaspoon of garlic paste), and water in a bowl. (When doing this mix in one tablespoon of water at a time to ensure the mixture is not too watery)
- Now, coat your panner in the mixture and fry until brown on each side.
- While your panner is cooking, cut your vegetables and ready them to be cooked.
- After your paneer becomes brown on each side, remove from the pan.
- Using the same pan, add a touch more of oil to your pan, add your ginger, vegetables, and 1 teaspoon of garlic paste, cook until onions are translucent.
- Then add; soy sauce, sriracha, and sugar stir until it becomes slightly thick.
- Now, add your paneer to the pan and stir and cook for another 5 to 6 mixtures.
- Lastly, plate your paneer, garnish with parsley, and serve.
This was amazing!! It did not take much time to make, was super easy and so delicious. I totally recommend you make this. This recipe is totally vegetarian and proved to be a great comfort meal. You can eat this paneer alone, with rice, with naan, it goes great with almost everything! My family enjoyed this and it has a great burst of flavor. Put your chef’s hat on and get in the kitchen!